Thursday, March 17, 2022

Seeds on Hand

 The 2022 season grow is in the short rows with plants maturing almost weekly until we leave Tucson for the Summer on Memorial Day May 30th. Our planned return is the first week of October.  

Some of the reasons for the staggered harvest this year, the maturing of the plants over a couple of months, are the mix of Photo-period and Auto flower genetics, the different Sativa/Indica mix of the hybrid plants, and some of Auto Flower plants were started before the Houston holiday trip and some after.  There were no "Land Race" plants grown this season.

Next years grow will be a little different in I expect to have a small outdoor grow to go along with the indoor plants. Because some of the plants will be sprouted while in Oregon I need the seeds in hand before we leave Tucson. 

My current seed inventory:

    Photo-period:

        6 Blueberry

        10 Amnesia Fast

        10 Peyote Gorilla

        10 Durban Poison (Sativa Land Race)

        10 Banana Kush     

        10 Sour Diesel

 Auto Flower:

        10 Lemon Haze

My plans for the 2023 grow are four plants outdoors, two Durban Poison and two Sour Diesel. I have no experience with either but both are reported to be heat tolerant. I expect to find out if that is true. I will also grow both a Durban Poison and a Sour Diesel in the large tent as a control to see which is better indoor or out. Some combination of the other Photo-period plants will fill out the rest of the large tent. The small tent is for Auto Flower plants, the Lemon Haze seeds will work. 

See you on down the road,

ken

              

  

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea growing Cannabis was so complicated. I am surprised the seed count is so low.

    I have grown bored with hot peppers so I need to find something more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,

    Peppers are good but weed is a lot more interesting. I suppose you could just throw some seeds on the ground and I expect you would get plants but there are lots of things you can do to make your plants more productive starting with deciding what genetics you want. Add in each plant can produce flower worth as much as $4000 USD retail I at least tend to pay attention. Besides as much as I like peppers and tomatoes Marijuana is a lot more social.

    I tend to buy my seed from one of two seed banks, Seedman is slightly cheaper, "I Love To Grow Marijuana" is a little more expensive but offers great support even down to replacing any seed that does not germinate. Both are easy to deal with and deliver your order within a couple of weeks.

    Join in, outdoors just takes seed and dirt, indoors in a tent is a couple of bucks for initial setup but that will be recovered with the first crop. I might post about what I think is a cost effective indoor set up if interested.

    ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all new to me. Post away...

    ReplyDelete

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...