Sunday, March 26, 2023

Motorhome, Lafayette and 9/11

 Our Summer run to Oregon is fast approaching but before we leave home we will do a three day shakedown trip to Patagonia State Park leaving Monday the third. Because we basically strip the motorhome every year when we return from Oregon getting ready for a trip is a multi day process and we still have a couple of days work to finish up.

It is difficult to decide what goes and what stays and every year when we get up there we seem to always have things not needed and just taking up room and without fail things left behind and needed. Then the decision; Amazon or do without. Of course the fun one is when things arrive after we have left the Park and then it is usually leave it in the Park mailroom till next year or never.   

Anyway the Motorhome is almost loaded, the three days will tell a lot but I wouldn't bet on not forgetting something important when we leave for Oregon a few weeks later.   

BTW, did you see where DeSantis when asked about 9/11 had trouble remembering where he was and what he did. Do you know anyone who was old enough or not too old to have memories of anything that can not tell you in detail what they were doing and/or who they were with on 9/11? Be interesting to know what he is trying to hide or is he really that uncaring/dumb.

I had landed at KLFT and taxied into the FBO and no one was there to park me, the FBO crew were all inside watching the TV. I went into the FBO just after the first plane hit, in time to see the second plane hit the tower. In some ways I was lucky that our plans were to RON in Lafayette so the crew and PAX had hotel rooms and cars. Soon there were none to be had. After, IIRC, two weeks in Lafayette with the airspace still closed down I sent my co-pilot home in a rental car. I finally gave up and drove my rental car home to Houston, pulling into my driveway I heard over the radio that the US airspace would open the next day for domestic flights. The good news I hadn't turned in the rental car so I called my co-pilot and the next morning we drove the rental car back to Lafayette to retrieve the airplane. 

I'll bet when I'm pooping in my diaper I'll still remember that day and in detail. 

4 comments:

  1. Funny, I'm Canadian and remember very well, as I do about the day JFK was shot. I was at work, we were in the conf room, when everyone beepers seems to go off almost as one. We watch on the big screen thinking, that's it we are going to war. Did not knew where or when but we knew. We would spent almost the next 12 years in Afghanistan. Lost one of my men there Cpl Dany Olivier Fortin 425 Sqn TFS. I sent him as an armourer qualified IED. Got beat by a booby trap. So yeah, I remember that day also

    Master Warrant Officer Bob RCAF, who remember at the going down of the sun .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,

    I just did one tour in Kabul, it was early and still fairly safe but the night before I was to leave there was a firefight around our compound that lasted all night. I can still remember the "WhossBoom" of the RPG and the tat tat of the AK 47's outside my bedroom window. Ain't no way I wasn't on the Lear for Dubai at sunup.
    ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DeSantis was getting a hummer on It's a Small World from someone in a Minnie Mouse costume on 9/11. He doesn't mention it on the possibility it was a guy in the costume.

      That's why Disney still does what they want in FL.

      Delete
  3. When you have everything you want in the home, document the contents before stripping down the motorhome with an inventory list or photos.

    We used to do the same with our backpacks since Amazon doesn't do woods and I hate them anyway.

    ReplyDelete

In the Short Rows

 Only two GG4 Auto plants left in the tent. These two illustrate this grow, all the plants were from the same cultivar from same seed bank, ...