Sunday, December 3, 2023

Margarita Gummies and Filling Refillable 510 Carts

 Like most things in life there are two or more ways to do things, an easy way that usually costs a few bucks, one that is a little harder, cheaper up front but usually ends up costing more in the end, and then if you are skilled a way to do it with stuff you have on hand.

When I'm smart, I will usually pick throwing money at the problem. I've learned over time without the skill, throwing money at it is cheaper in the long run. Hence my new ExtractCraft tincture extraction machine. BTW, works a treat with little chance of fucking up the extraction and saves about 90% of the used Alcohol for re-use in making new tinctures. I can't tell you how much money and weed I've wasted trying to make workable tinctures with use of a liter or so of 190 proof alcohol on each screwed up attempt plus 10g to 20g of good flower.  Ain't cheep to screw up. The only saving grace is most of the Cannabis lost has been homegrown.

I wanted some gummies with a slight alcohol content vs. oil for better 'tooth'. I could just extract almost all the way down to FECO but leave a little of the alcohol in the extraction which would be easy to do but the taste is not good. Then I got the bright idea to use Tequila and make Margarita gummies. A look at the Jello box told me I needed a little more sugar than gelatin so as a WAG I used 3 gelatin packs to ½ cup sugar with ½ cup of a 1 part Tequila, 1 part lime juice + juice of ½ orange, 1 part Triple Sec. I also "bloomed" three gelatin packs in the other ½ cup of the Margarita mix.  That all went into a pot and brought to a low boil before adding it to the FECO, Lecithin, and a shot of Tequila in the double boiler. Once everything is in the double boiler it is mixed either by whisking for 10 minutes or a couple or three minutes with an immersion blender. Mixed and still hot transfer to gummy molds to set.

I tested one of the small ones and damn if it didn't kinda taste like a Margarita:


 The next question is: do I dust them in the usual citric acid/sugar or drop one on the margarita salt to eat?

I also used some of the FECO to fill a couple of re-usable 510 Carts. They work a treat as well, much smoother and better tasting than store bought:


 Just one in the rack, the other is connected to its battery.

ken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Source Turbo Takeback

 I take back what I posted yesterday about Source Turbo. They stepped up to the plate and new base unit is on its way. I'll ship the def...