Wednesday, March 27, 2024

In the Short Rows

 Only two GG4 Auto plants left in the tent. These two illustrate this grow, all the plants were from the same cultivar from same seed bank, started at the same time, and have had the same light and feed schedule but two different plants from fan leaves to flowers.

I'm looking forward to harvesting these last two so I can get on to prepping for next Fall/Winter grow. Most of the gear is in the shop still in boxes but once the last two plants are hung to dry it will come out to play. 

The big changes will be: The eight bucket DWC system will be replaced with a four bucket RDWC system. The AC unit will be moved to outside the tent.  A water chiller and a reserve H2O tank will also be added outside the tent. Smaller changes will be moving the AC power center from the back of the tent to the right side and routing the wires so there is little interference with the plants.

Maybe you noticed the change from an eight bucket system to a four bucket one. I've had a wrestling match with myself over number of plants for a couple of grow seasons. Bottom line while a heavy user, I do not use very much. While this is slowly changing, my go to method has been a bong and with a bong you use very little good weed. There's still a ½ kilo of weed left from the first grow after retiring and I waste a lot playing with making tinctures, infusions, and carts. BTW, the cart play is starting to work and as hinted above carts may become my goto method.

Anyway a long way around to I do not need the PITA more plants can be, four good producers should be enough for a year's supply plus some and if not retail Cannabis is pretty cheap.

One other appliance I expect to add is a small freezer, one that will go to -40C to use for a better quick wash extraction. As I noted above I'm moving away from smoking weed, whether bong or joints. Carts, gummies, and infusions are becoming prime so extraction tech is also gaining importance.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...