Monday, May 6, 2024

BVV Alcohol Recovery vs. Source Turbo

 Rumor is Source Turbo is failing. My experience so far with Source Turbo Company trying to get a warranty issue taken care of makes the rumor believable. If you have the room for it BVV makes a nice kit for just a couple dollars more BVV Alcohol Recovery KIt . 

I just ran my first batch thru, other than a little learning curve, it went well. The unit does take up a little real estate but is much quieter and holds 2gal of Alcohol tincture to process v. 350ml. It also needs about 35 to 40 lbs of ice to process ~2000ml of tincture down to FECO.



It is bigger, I had to move the recovery process from my office out to the shop. If you have room the space needed is not a biggie and you could always go vertical vs. all one level.

I hope Source Turbo can get their act together, it is a nice little unit that when working, works well. I expect if it is fixed I will keep it as a back up and to do small batches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Source Turbo Takeback

 I take back what I posted yesterday about Source Turbo. They stepped up to the plate and new base unit is on its way. I'll ship the def...