Sunday, March 20, 2022

Harvested Second Plant of Current Grow

 Harvested a Seedman Lemon Autoflower today. A really quick turn, potted Jan 19, 2022 and harvested March 20, 2022. If my math is correct that is 60 days from potting the seedling to harvest.


I did a whole plant harvest for a couple of reasons: First, I need the room in the big grow tent and second, most of this plant will go to tincture and gummies and the "popcorn" buds are fine for that use. From just looking at the plant hanging there is at least an oz or two of prime bud for smoking in addition to the popcorn buds. 

I'll let it hang there and dry for close to a week. Here in the desert it doesn't take long to dry 'em. After it is dry I'll cut and trim the buds, then put the trimmed buds in Mason jars to cure for several weeks before smoking. The popcorn buds will go straight to the Ardent for Decarboxylation and either oil infusion or Alcohol Tincture. 

Funny thing about growing Cannabis indoors, Less is more. To have more product, grow fewer plants in your tent at a time. Robert Bergman (ILGM) posted a chart showing the relationship between square footage of your tent, watts of light, number of plants and weight of flower produced. I wish I could remember where it was but the bottom line takeaway was grow fewer plants for more production.

I'm not totally sure why I grew so many plants this year other than I had several different genetics I wanted to give a go and ended up with twelve plants (the legal limit in AZ) spread between the two grow tents.

Ten plants to go with ten weeks left before leaving for Oregon. Six of the plants will be no problem, the four Photoperiod plants may run right up to the deadline. I was about a week or so late changing the big tent from a vegetation 18/6 hour light schedule to a flower schedule of 12/12.

Whatever, with or without the four Photoperiod plants I should harvest enough bud to keep me in weed until the next grow's harvest. I can't ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...