Friday, June 24, 2022

Cannabis for Pain

 I have displaced bones in my right foot, the cause is a somewhat long and in a sick way funny story for another time but bottom line cannabis helps control the pain to the point I can go on moderate hikes. I haven't explored using CBD, mostly because my plants have been picked for high THC content and the high along with the pain relief is nice. My question has two parts, does CBD work for joint pain better than just high THC cannabis and if it does what strain would be good to grow for maximize pain relief? I guess there is a third question, if CBD is better for pain than THC what mg dose is needed for a 200 lb. old fart.

I have some high production, extreme high THC seed for the coming grow but would maybe make room for a couple of high CBD plants if it is better for joint pain.

Thanks,

ken

3 comments:

  1. I take 15mg of CBD daily because I thought it had a favorable impact on my blood pressure. I still have arthritis pain in my hands and chronic back pain. The BP isn't "normal" but seemed to be a little better.

    I can't endorse CBD as a definite benefit based on my experience. Taking a small dose of THC helps quite a bit for sleep, which will more likely help with BP than the CBD and not sleeping well.

    I take the CBD as a capsule from Charlotte's web and THC in various edible forms.

    I'll be interested to hear what you experience with the CBD vs. THC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,
      Thanks, that helps. I'll give CBD a try before investing in growing my own. I'll let you know what I find out.

      ken

      Delete
  2. I have 2 herniated disks in my back, pinching my sciatic nerve. I cannot stand or sit too long, must move. Since retiring have tried CBD and THC, dont know how it works, but it help keeping me mobile, using less my Voltaren. I grow my own. It also help me sleep and reduces my nightly trots to bathroom.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...