Wednesday, October 26, 2022

2023 Season's Grow

 We spend the Summer in Oregon so instead of a couple of "grows" I have to fit one planting in starting the first of October and harvest no later than mid May. Because Cannabis is legal in the Western States, next year I may try to extend the season by starting while still in the PNW. It will not make a big difference for the indoor plants other than no panic over will the Weed be ready for harvest in time but it could allow a outdoor grow. BTW, I've three photo and three auto plants I'm going to experiment with a hybrid indoor/outdoor grow just to see if it can be done. 

Because of the high Summer heat here in the Desert Southwest, normal Spring-Summer-Fall outdoor grows can be a problem. Maybe a late Summer/Fall/Winter hybrid indoor/outdoor grow might work.You never know until you try. 

This year's indoor grow will be four photo plants in the big tent and two auto plants in the small tent. 

The big tent:


Two of the plants are a new genetics (for me) "Nova OG", there is also a Nova OG Auto in the small (auto) tent. Nova OG claims to produce >30% THC with high yield. The other two plants in the photo tent are Amnesia Fast and Peyote Gorilla, both should produce high yields and THC in mid to high 20%. 

I had a nice surprise when we returned home from Oregon. Last years grow was a little disappointing, not as "potent" as I like and much lower yield than I normally expect. The reasons for the disappointing yield are pretty standard and easy to fix, mostly I had to rely on "help" because we were out of town during the early-middle of the grow and there were water issues, pruning issues and a light mix up with the auto/photo plants. I was lucky having the harvest we did. The nice surprise was I thought we had taken all the 2022 grow to Oregon with us. In fact I was so sure I bought a $300 USD oz. of Oregon Weed to help bridge the wait for the 2023 harvest in late April early May. Turns out we had left six jars of OG Kush and White Widow with little over an oz. in each jar behind.  

One more thing: The photo tent now has a California LightWorks SolarSystem 1100 light with it's auto-controller. It is a pretty amazing system, it controls the level of red, white, and blue light individually, it can give a slow dawn light increase and a slow light decrease for night. It is a very powerful controller that allows almost total control of light levels and color output.   

More later,

ken

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...