Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Second Harvest of 2023

 One of these plants (Pandora Auto) is from the first seeds I popped this Fall, the other (AK-47 Auto) germinated a couple of weeks later. Neither grew to expected size, that's the bad news. The good is both made large heavy colas. Go figure.

The Pandora (on the right) has an excuse for its short stature. Just after it had started to flower, while moving its pot I dumped the whole thing onto the ground breaking the main stem and a couple more. After scooping up the mess and failing to reattach the broken stems I figured it was a goner but it fooled me and made a good amount of flower.

I've been tough on my plants this year. There is this one that I dumped on the ground, a Peyote Gorilla that a tent fan fell on and the other day I noticed one of the side grow Super Lemon Haze had gotten a little leggie and thought I'll take care of it in AM. Overnight it fried itself on the light panel.

There will be rolling harvests until the first of April or thereabouts. Spreading the harvests out I think will be good. My least favorite part of growing is the after harvest processing when there are a dozen or so plants to be dried, trimed and cured at once.

2 comments:

  1. Smart idea to spread the harvesting
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only take so much trimming in one day, scissors get so sticky as do your fingers it becomes a PITA. One or two plants and I'm ready to call it a day. I have two of the SLH Auto that are outside the tents ready to harvest. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do, pretty easy and cheap way to grow. Just don't grow a Skunk.
    ken

    ReplyDelete

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...