Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Cold Winter Day

 Tucson doesn't have many cold Winter Days but today is one of them. I know 10F above freezing doesn't count most places but here...I'm freezing my butt off. One good cure is a bowl of chicken and sausage gumbo over rice with green onion and a touch of gumbo file.


  Damn that was good.

Yesterday I was hit upside the head with a 2X4. We are so fucked, there is no way to stop the heating of the earth if we keep doing what we are doing and I do not see a way to stop before hitting the wall. 

I can still remember when I first started flying in the late '50s the only visible pollution were yellow domes over Houston and Dallas. The domes didn't go very high and once you were either above the dome and/or twenty or so miles away from the city most days the visibility was greater than 100sm. By the time I retired the pollution dome covered the States and extended into the high Flight Levels most days. 

The 2X4 was a small, maybe 2lb bag of Cherries. Damn good Cherries BTW which is part of the problem. The Cherries were from Argentina and about the only way Cherries from Argentina can be good is if they got here in the back of a 747. I hate to think about how much greenhouse gas was injected into the upper atmosphere to bring 2lbs of cherries to me. 


ken


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...