Thursday, March 30, 2023

New Spoons

 I've often said if I were a carpenter I'd be a framer not a finish carpenter. That has little to do with ability but a lot with how I see art. Perfect bores me, I want to see the hand of the artist, 

I love vernacular art.  A Windsor chair v. a Welsh stick chair, the stick chair wins every time. It is the same with almost anything I make in the shop. That all leads up to the newest spoons. 


Of the three the simplest is the bottom one, it is also the most useful. There are several in use every day in my kitchen, if I had to throw out every utensil in the kitchen it would be the last to go.

The times I have gifted one to a friend they have been underwhelmed, you can see it in their eyes but almost without fail a month or two later they tell me how useful it is.

BTW, click it to big it if you want a better view of the spoons.

ken

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...