Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Final Report On 2022-2023 Crop/Harvest

 This season's grow was successful. Total production was a little less than my goal but there were reasons. The main one was the Sativa/Indica cultivar mix, it was heavy with Sativa dominant genetics including Landrace Sativas. Indica dominant plants tend to have heavier and tighter colas than those from Sativas. The other reason was I thought I was going to be short on time so I rushed the Photoperiod plants to "flower", no accounting for brain farts. If I had stayed in the vegetative 18hr/6hr light cycle for a couple or three more weeks I expect the harvest would have blown past my 2 kilo goal instead of the 1.3 kilo final harvest weight of pretty good top shelf bud.

My goal was to harvest enough to skip a year and use that year to travel with MsBubba. Because I ain't no holy roller, I just use a bong, use of bud for smoking is less than an oz/month so going two years isn't a problem if the bud is stored well. Where I can get in trouble and use/throw away lots of weed at a time is when I start playing in the kitchen and/or making oils and tinctures.  FECO is a big culprit, way too many opportunities to screw up and waste an oz or two but I've wasted it with making gummies as well.

One other thing about the harvest. Each plant's production was tested for THC content with most testing in the mid to upper 20%. Only a couple of plants tested below 20% and they were above 15%. As an aside, I kinda like the smoke from lower THC bud. My goal is a nice buzz but not wasted, I want to be able to see things slightly off kilter but at the same time function. Couchlock is OK some of the time but not often.

Bottom line, as always, next season could be better and I expect it will be but this year's was pretty damn good.

ken 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...