Thursday, April 20, 2023

Happy 420

 It has been a good 420 but what can I say every day is a good day and yes we did do a Brownie munch and a few bong hits during the day.

The big deal of the day is I fixed the sound of the motorhome TV. The TV speakers are "blown" if you increase volume pass the halfway mark the distortion is so bad you can not understand the dialog. My first thought was I'd dive into the spaghetti bowl of wires and figure out how to get the motorhome speakers to work with the TV, wrong sparky breath. There are not enough hours left in this old carcass to chase down that mess, but I figured out a work around. Change TVs.

I'd already tried that route and failed. The new TVs are very light but, there is that killer "but", their wall mounting screws are at best #8 screws. I often describe going down the road in a motorhome as being in your home during a level 6 earthquake as a hurricane eye wall passes. There ain't no way I'd trust #8 screws to hold the TV to the wall mount.

BTW, I'm slow but every once in awhile I can get it figured out. We have/had a TV in the exercise room that is a heavy sucker (ten or so years old) the same size as the motorhome TV and guess what, the wall mounting screws were the same size. Can you say "the exercise room no longer has a TV". At the same time I connected a pair of "Edifier" bluetooth speakers via RCA jacks to the TV. Pandora music and TV sound, it doesn't get better.  

Happy 420,

ken

  

2 comments:

  1. Funny, our exercise room still has a TV, but no more exercise torture apparatus, being converted into a grow corner, besides the cold room. Modified the existing ducts to bring in fresh air and exhaust.
    About to get its first run.

    Bob, experimenting with hydroponics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,

    Updates when you can. My garden did ok with pot and cherry tomatoes but not worth a damn anything else. I even failed to get a single BLT out of it.

    We leave in a couple, three weeks for the coast, what's left the birds and rats can have.

    ken

    ReplyDelete

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...