Sunday, April 16, 2023

BC Screw With 14" Crisscross Install Finished

 It's done, I can't say it was fun but there is a satisfaction stepping back and looking at the vise, then giving it a spin to hold a workpiece is the cherry on top. 

I've used a lot of different types of vices over the years but none are in the same class as the BenchCrafted metal screw with the 14" crisscross. 

The install is finished, just needs the top of the chop trimmed. Trimming the chop is a non issue, I could go until I croke and it wouldn't be a problem, just looks a little funky.

It will be good to use this bench as the main bench, it is bigger both in length and width. I can set the other bench up for MsBubba and you know the story, Happy wife happy life. No truer words ever.

ken  

2 comments:

  1. Happy wife, happy life. You got that right 😁

    Bob, nursing a sore back from shoveling sand and gravel.
    Getting her done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,
    Around here about the only thing a shovel is good for is to lean on. It would kill me to use one.
    ken

    ReplyDelete

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...