Sunday, October 22, 2023

More on Grow System

 Because we have a couple of week or longer trips planned I needed a semi-automatic watering system. What I came up with is a standard autowater system feed by connected 5-gal storage buckets. 


Five outside buckets connected through siphon hoses feeding the inside tent bucket that has the pump system and controller set to feed each plant on a programed time/volume schedule.


I'm still working on scheduling but it appears I will end up on a every other day, 3 minute feed. That works out to, best guess, a liter/plant/watering. That is a little over 1.6 gal/feeding. I should be able to go a couple of weeks between filling of the storage system.

I'm planning on controlling pH and feed from the pump bucket, so far it seems to work.

I'm working the autogrow system out using Autoflower plants. Photoperiod plants require too much attention to work at this simple level but I'm going to work on it. Truth is Autoflower plants have improved so much you do not lose too much THC or production when growing Autoflowers. Mostly you just lose the pleasure of fucking around with your plants, with Autoflower plants my best results have come with just letting the genetics do the work.

ken


No comments:

Post a Comment

Source Turbo Takeback

 I take back what I posted yesterday about Source Turbo. They stepped up to the plate and new base unit is on its way. I'll ship the def...