Sunday, November 12, 2023

Back From Houston

 The autowater system worked like a champ over our nine day trip to see the kids in Houston. One plant shows a little stress, I expect from a clogged "dripper", and it isn't bad. A little extra water and we're good.


 The interesting one is in the lower right corner, it sprotted normally but took weeks to do more than break ground. It has been putting on Cannabis looking leaves but they are very small along with little vertical growth. Maybe I have a "Bonzi" Cannabis. Whatever, I'm going to keep taking care of it to see what happens, the only worry is it could go "hemi" and as small as it is would be very hard to catch.

The rest of the plants went into flower while we were gone. From the looks of 'em I'd say they are about 6 or 7 day in flower. 

Houston is an interesting place and has become a food "Heaven". I expect only NYC may have a better selection but what makes Houston special is not only almost any ethnic/regional type but it is as good or even better than original. This trip I did Oysters on the half/shell, tacos at a counter in a small grocery store (it had a meat counter to die for), Vietnamese grilled pork sandwiches, English Pub fish and chips, Fried Gulf Coast shrimp and of course Tex-Mex. 

Speaking of Tex-Mex. I very selfishly almost wish "Mama Nifa" had been born in Nogales, AZ and moved to Tucson. Instead it was Harlingen, TX and moved to Houston where she changed the world of U.S. Mexican food. With her introduction of Tacos al Carbon/now known as Fajitas in 1973, it was no longer a #1 with one taco, 2 enchiladas, rice and beans. It very quickly became "Fajitas" which now describes any meat grilled with veggies. It would be wonderful to go around the corner for her Tex-Mex instead of the 1000 miles it now takes.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to add, Decarbed flower smokes as well and may even be very slightly stronger than un-Decarbed flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belongs to next post up :-) Sorry about that

    ReplyDelete

Source Turbo Takeback

 I take back what I posted yesterday about Source Turbo. They stepped up to the plate and new base unit is on its way. I'll ship the def...