Tuesday, December 12, 2023

First Harvest 23-24 Grow Season

 First Harvest of the grow season; Skywalker Haze Auto:


Not the greatest, not terrible but...

Temperature control was a problem for most of the grow, only in the last two weeks did I get it under control and under the high 80's/low 90'sF. Even with added CO2 the plants suffered. The other problem was soil pH, it was also running too high and I couldn't seem to get it down to the pH6.5 range and keep it there. 

What can I say other than low production and airy buds. Once dry we will see how much flower weight and test for THC. No hope for production but sometimes the THC content will surprise you, both good and bad are possible.

Big changes are in store for the next crop. First a new tent, going to a 5'X5' Gorilla vs. the current 4'X4' AC Infinity. There is a lot to like about the AC Infinity tent and I thought about going to the 5'X5' AC Infinity instead of the Gorilla 5'X5' but the Gorilla is heavier, has stronger zippers, better light/dark control and most important it has an additional foot or two of height available. Plus the 5'X5' Gorilla tent is on sale for almost the same price as the AC Infinity.  

The other big change is going from soil to ?. I'm going to run six autos, four Do-Se-Dos Cookies in 5 gal DWC buckets, and two Do-Si-Dos in 5gal fabric pots with Coco Coir for the last crop of the 23-24 season. I hope to answer which works best for me: Soil, Coco Coir, or DWC.

If I can get the inside tent temperature under control (Add a small portable AC unit inside the tent) next season I will grow some Photoperiod plants. I have 20 Afghani (Landrace Indica) and 20 Durban Poison (Landrace Sativa) seeds that need to be used before they get too old.

See you on down the road,

ken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Source Turbo Takeback

 I take back what I posted yesterday about Source Turbo. They stepped up to the plate and new base unit is on its way. I'll ship the def...