Saturday, March 16, 2024

Processing The Crop

 My Harvest SOPs are changing. Always before I'd hand trim the plant after a week or more of hanging whole, upside down, in a corner of the shop. It would be a loose trim with buds and sugar leaves going into bags or jars to cure and the trim going to a neighbor along with a few buds.

Additional processing equipment has changed almost everything. The plants are still cut down whole (for now) and hung to dry for a week or more but six or seven days into the drying cycle I trim off some of the lower buds and run 'em thru the Rosin Press. The GG4 Auto in Coco Coir just harvested produced 1g of Rosin from 9g of lower buds. A few days after trimming some of the lower buds I will run the rest of the plant thru the bowl trimmer recovering the top shelf bud and good amount of potent trim. The sticks go in the trash.

The current GG4 Auto grown in Coco Coir produced 80g of top shelf bud with 45g of good trim (I'll let the bud dry a little more before testing for THC content). From previous history the trim should give ~3000mg THC, good for 60 mg gummies or even loading a 510 cart. The bud is jared and curing.

I'l need to pick up my game if I plan on a kilo of bud out of this years crop. The first crop was a total bust so no help from it, the winter crop is OK but I expect no more than 150g/plant from the rest of the crop which would work out to ~750g or ¾ of a kilo.

Processing the trim will make up for the bud shortfall, with plenty of FECO to make gummies, 510 carts, and concentrate for vaping.  I think the new SOPs will work a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Source Turbo Takeback

 I take back what I posted yesterday about Source Turbo. They stepped up to the plate and new base unit is on its way. I'll ship the def...