Saturday, March 9, 2024

Harvested The Coco Coir Plant

 All that is left to harvest of the 2023-2024 grow are five DWC plants. The Coco Coir grown plant has been "cut" and is hanging. In three or four days I will trim some of the lower buds to press into rosin. The rest of the plant will have a pass thru the bowl trimmer once it is "dry" with the buds saved for smoking and trim going to make FECO.

The last bach of gummies from FECO kick ass. They were made a couple of weeks ago stuck in the fridge and kinda forgotten about. Night before last I ate a whole one and ended up going to bed stoned out of my gourd because I wasn't functional. This morning tried half of one and it was a perfect day time stone, the world was a half bubble off plumb but I still functioned very well. I may try to find new gummy molds, the two I have are either too big or too small.

As this years grow finishes I'm planning changes for next. Once the tent is empty I will add the Solar System 550 to the Solar System 1100 with both as high in the tent as possible. The current DWC system will be replaced with an Artisun four bucket RDWC system. That system and the tent should work for either Photoperiod or Auto plants. Artisun also has a six bucket "ebb and flow" system that looks interesting. I can see where it would have some advantage over a RDWC system in Root Rot is less of a problem. It also has an out of the tent water reservoir to keep the "system" topped off. It would be nice if you could walk away for four or five days at a time, it would make my "Marijuana Widow" a much happier camper.  

I will try to avoid having "side" plants next year, any "extra" plants will be grown in Coco Coir and fitted around the RDWC system inside the tent. In addition to the tent I'm going to try an outdoor Auto grow timed to start Veg period the first of March. BTW, I still have two very small plants almost ready to harvest from this years outdoor attempt that started much too early. Those two plants prove just how hardy and weed like "weed" is they just would not die no matter how hard I tried to kill 'em. 

Back to this years crop and maybe counting the chickens too early but from the looks of the plants left to harvest I may get a kilo or more of top shelf smoking bud along with enough trim for a year or two of FECO. Not too bad for a totally legal crop, in fact from a few plants short of the max.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Source Turbo Takeback

 I take back what I posted yesterday about Source Turbo. They stepped up to the plate and new base unit is on its way. I'll ship the def...