Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Next Year's Grow

 This year's crop isn't out of the Veg stage and I'm planning the next crop. It's a sickness I tell you, a sickness. Have I mentioned the "grow" is almost as enjoyable as the "smoke"?

Past grows have been a hodgepodge of genetics and Auto/Photo plants. Pretty much all over the map, as is the case of this crop. My excuse/reason is I wanted to try different plants to figure out which ones I liked. Bottom line I like them all but the genetic mix between Sativa and Indica does make a difference in use. Next year I'm going to grow a Landrace Sative (Durban Poison) and a Landrace Indica ( Afghan Feminized). I have the Durban Poison in hand I just need to order the Afghan Feminized.

The Photo plants are in their third week of Veg, my best guess is a couple or three, maybe four weeks more Veg, then a week of Veg to Flower transition. Each genetics has its own Flower time which is one of the reasons to limit different genetics so the light requirements for finishing are easier to meet. 

BTW, I finally found a soil pH meter that works:


   It's a big sucker. On Amazon <$60 USD. Only problem is it can not be used to test liquids you'll need a different meter to test the pH of your water. It is also a moisture meter that reads moisture at root level. It's pretty handy. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the original Kelway (Made in Japan) but with longer electrodes, which would make it easier to read root humidity level. Will add to my list of must have. But Dear, Ken says I need it :-)

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

BVV Alcohol Recovery vs. Source Turbo

 Rumor is Source Turbo is failing. My experience so far with Source Turbo Company trying to get a warranty issue taken care of makes the rum...