Monday, December 19, 2022

The Joy of Home Ownership

Yesterday we discovered a puddle of water next to the fridge that shouldn't have been there. The fridge just fits in a hole in the wall and when I say "just" it really does just fit. A total PITA to pull out or fit back in. This wouldn't be a post if there wasn't a leak so guess what, there was a slow leak at the ice maker shut off and the dry wall was soaked. This AM was spent removing all the wet drywall and now we have to live with the hole in the wall until it drys out.

Hole in the wall where fridge lives:


 The bad news I have a hole in the wall that will take a couple of weeks to dry before I can hang drywall and finish the repair. The good is I can make the space a ½" bigger in width so the fridge will fit easier. I've wanted to do the increase for years so all is not lost.

On to more enjoyable subjects:

The Auto tent plants are three weeks or so from harvest and I've started three hours of UV light to supplement the 18 hours on grow lights. According California Light Works UV light supplement can increase the production of Trichomes by as much as 25%.  It may be wishful thinking but the buds are already looking more frosty.

There is a chance, if all goes right, for another crop of autoflower plants before we leave for the Oregon coast the last week of May. Autoflowers may not produce as much bud and may have less THC than the same kind of Photo plants but they make up for it in ease and flexibility and most important the possibility of more than one crop per grow season. I will continue to grow mostly Photo plants but it sure is easy to supplement the grow season with a few Autos.  

See you guys on down the road,

ken

 

1 comment:

  1. I had to replace my dishwasher just before new year, had a leak that finally dripped in the basement via a nail, my first clue. Had to leave cavity open a few days to dry it, Used the dog hair dryer and my wood humidity sensor to dry it good before putting in new one, which is a bit smaller so need wood filler strip, new DW is atainless, not white so will no doubt need new appliances ... and may as well redo kitchen cabinets ( new face trim, doors, hardware, sliders etc) Humm, I have been tricked :-)

    BTW Fridge with built in water dispenser and or ice maker never last longs, always leaks etc. And your fridge need cooling space, loose fit is better.

    Bob, who learned a few things the hard way :-)

    ReplyDelete

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...