Wednesday, December 21, 2022

To Be Young Again

 An old friend, we and another friend moved to Houston together after HS, sent a photo of us the other day (Mike on the right, Roger not in the photo). We moved to Houston, IIRC because the University of Houston had just become a state school. This was in the early 60's and we still didn't know what we wanted to be when we grew up but were young and full of life.


 I had restarted taking flying lessons so I guess I did kinda did know what I wanted to be when I grew up but not a clue how to do it. BTW, the reason I restarted the flying lessons was my parents had made me an offer I couldn't refuse while in HS. When they found out I was taking flying lessons they offered to buy me a new MG-A if I would quit which I did until I left home. At the time a no brainer. Loved that MG.

The three of us did ok, Mike ended up with a State Farm Insurance agency, Roger became a medical doctor, and I had a good run as a corporate pilot.  Not too bad for three old West Texas boys from Odessa.


2 comments:

  1. Cool, guessing you are the one bare chested?
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,
      Busted :-). Age is not kind. I have a group photo hanging in the shop taken many years later when I went to Cheyenne initial. No one can pick me out of the group, even MsBubba blew it.
      ken

      Delete

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...