Friday, April 14, 2023

What I Know About Growing Cannabis

 One simple fact. You do not need much equipment to grow all you need. One or two cheap ( Less than $100 USD) LED grow lights, one or two 2'X4' flood trays, some 3 gal or 5 gal fabric bags, soil, and some autoflower seeds. That's it folks.

I've all the bells and whistles so I can grow photoperiod Cannabis and I expect I will continue growing some photoperiod plants but the truth is photoperiod plants are a PITA for a little more product and maybe slightly higher THC content.

The higher THC content makes no never mind, most modern Autoflower Cannabis will come in with mid 20% THC and at least 4 oz of bud/plant. As an example this year's Super Lemon Haze Auto (Sativa dominant) or the LSD Auto (Indica dominant) both tested THC levels of 25% plus or minus a point or two. My photoperiod plants didn't test any higher and because I was on a short grow schedule weight of flower/plant was was about the same between photos and autos. If I had more time for the Photoperiod plants to stay in Veg their production would have been higher but not much need.  Legal here in AZ is 6 plants per adult or in other words for a two adult household with autoflower plants you can expect about 1.5 kilos of bud or more. Ain't no way I can smoke 1.5 kilos in a year even with friends helping.

ken  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer In Tucson

 We made it! Truth is it wasn't that bad, MsBubba might disagree but it wasn't that bad. Are we booked to camp host on the Oregon co...