Friday, April 14, 2023

What I Know About Growing Cannabis

 One simple fact. You do not need much equipment to grow all you need. One or two cheap ( Less than $100 USD) LED grow lights, one or two 2'X4' flood trays, some 3 gal or 5 gal fabric bags, soil, and some autoflower seeds. That's it folks.

I've all the bells and whistles so I can grow photoperiod Cannabis and I expect I will continue growing some photoperiod plants but the truth is photoperiod plants are a PITA for a little more product and maybe slightly higher THC content.

The higher THC content makes no never mind, most modern Autoflower Cannabis will come in with mid 20% THC and at least 4 oz of bud/plant. As an example this year's Super Lemon Haze Auto (Sativa dominant) or the LSD Auto (Indica dominant) both tested THC levels of 25% plus or minus a point or two. My photoperiod plants didn't test any higher and because I was on a short grow schedule weight of flower/plant was was about the same between photos and autos. If I had more time for the Photoperiod plants to stay in Veg their production would have been higher but not much need.  Legal here in AZ is 6 plants per adult or in other words for a two adult household with autoflower plants you can expect about 1.5 kilos of bud or more. Ain't no way I can smoke 1.5 kilos in a year even with friends helping.

ken  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...