Thursday, February 29, 2024

Plant #3 2024 Winter Grow

 The second plant (plant #3) harvested from the Winter 2024 grow. It is much like the #2 plant in none of the buds made large Colas but the buds are tight and there are bunch of 'em. I expect the weight of useable (smokeable) bud will be good.


 You have two choices when using a bud trimmer, dry or wet. Dry works best with tight buds but will break up loose ones. Wet will not break up the loose buds as much but after trimming the buds still need to be dried. One big time saver when using dry Cannabis you can just pull the branch thru your fingers to release the buds into the Trimmer instead of needing to cut each off the main branch. 

The Kief has been building up in the bottom of the trim tray, I recovered 4.09g of good looking golden Kief. 

I still have five DWC and one Coco Coir plants to go this grow season. From the looks of the remaining plants I expect a couple of weeks to go before the next harvest, after that there will be one a week or so till they are all gone. This has been a strange grow, a number of seeds did not sprout and I keep replacing with new seeds so all but the first three plants have different "born on" dates. While it has been a PITA juggling lights and nutes for what is in effect five different grows having a one or so plants a week to harvest instead of a half dozen makes the trim process much nicer.  

BTW, I have to question why it took me so long to get a bud trimmer. The bud trimmer makes the trim process quick and easy instead of a soul, shoulders and time destroying process.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...