Friday, April 19, 2024

Tap Water v. Water Softener Water

 Tucson city water is hard with high calcium. A salt based water softener will remove most of the calcium but the EC is higher than tap water. This AM tap water EC 0.87, softened water EC 0.92. When I ran tap water thru a ClearO2 RV filter the EC was 0.83. I'm letting a beaker of tap water sit and will test a hourly intervals to see if the Chlorine will boil off.

Bottom line Tucson tap water is on the high edge of usable EC for Cannabis. I'm trying to avoid using distilled or RO water because of the monkey motion and cost so with the new setup I'll just run a hose into the house to fill the water storage tank as needed and watch EC levels as the plants take up nutrients. When the EC goes too high to control by adding water I'll just drain the system and start over. The new system makes that reasonably easy.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...