Thursday, April 18, 2024

The Things You May Learn From Testing

 Being able to easily and reliably check flower for THC content has taken much of the guesswork out of what works and at times it can change what you do. Today may be one of those days.

My workflow is to dry whole until the colas feel "right" (wish I could help but after being on both sides of "right" when trimming you know when the colas feel right) then trim with a bowl trimmer. The bowl trimmer is a recent addition and the only question is; "why did I wait so long". The bud on top gets weighed, jared, and put up to cure. The trim in the bowl below was usually given to friends to make edibles.

Because testing is so easy I've started testing the bud as I trim. Today I tested flower from both the bottom and the top of the plant and was surprised to find they both tested the same 19% THC, also much better than others from this grow that all tested 11% plus or minus 1%. The real surprise came when just for grins I decided to test the trim. I didn't pick thru for buds, just reached into the middle of the pile picked up enough to fill the test vesel. The trim also tested 19% THC. One way to look at the results is instead of 2 oz of smoke the plant produced ½ lb of smoke.

The last plant of the 2023-2024 grow will be ready to trim next week. It was a much heavier flowering plant both in number and size.

I can't wait to find out what testing tells me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Rare Treat

 I was at my work bench when I noticed a Gila Monster slowly walk into the shop and settle down behind the bandsaw: The bad news is there is...